Cinema Sound Recordist Certification
This Certification exam covers all of the aspects of the Record Volume and will allow you to put forth your renown prowess at recording, miking, producing and managing talent. There is no equivalent exam anywhere in the world, and your ability to successfully pass this process will have you be one of the elite sound recordists in the independent media creative community. Afterwards, you’ll be one of the rare few to be a Certified Cinema Sound Member in this discipline, and have your name posted on the website, get a handsome Certificate and possibly be asked for more promotion on Cinema Sound
After learning the information in the 85+ hour MZed Pro Member Cinema Sound course, you’re one of the elite masters of creating powerful Hollywood immersive media for audiences. Why not certify your knowledge for all to see by investing in the Cinema Sound Recordist Certification Exam.
This exam covers all of the aspects of the Record Volume and will allow you to put forth your renown prowess at recording, miking, producing and managing talent. There is no equivalent exam anywhere in the world, and your ability to successfully pass this process will have you be one of the elite sound recordists in the independent media creative community.
You’ll have as much time as you need to complete the exam, and you may review the Cinema Sound education at your leisure (advised).
This Certification will test you specifically on:
- Microphone use
- Best Practices for Recorders
- Problem Solving on Set
- Political Machinations on Set
- Processing and delivering audio
- Room tone and Ambience recording and implementation
- Mono, Stereo and Surround recording
- Gear Management and safety
- Advanced microphone skills for getting Great Sound
Purchasing this Certification exam grants the following:
• Digital download of the examination course materials including a .pdf of the exam, and audio files for examination.
• Physical Certificate signed by Mark Edward Lewis with a unique certificate number authenticating it along with the wax seal of Cinema Sound upon passing grade.
• The posting of your name as a “Certified Cinema Sound Member as a Recordist” on the Cinema Sound website for all to see – you may even include contact information if you’d like visitors to contact you about employment upon passing grade.
• The possibility of being interviewed for Cinema Sound articles.
• The opportunity to take the test twice.
Passing grade is 80%. You’ll be required to do no small amount of recording with your own equipment as well as using your own DAW. There is also a 20% Extra Credit portion of the exam which entails taking enclosed audio materials making a mix. You’ll need a DAW which can receive and import OMF files. Stereo delivery will suffice.
If you don’t pass the first time, you’ll be shown the answers you missed, but not the answers themselves. You can take as much time as you need between attempts. There are no negative points possible for the Extra Credit portion, so you have nothing to lose there!
This is a great, no pressure opportunity to certify your new vast knowledge of sound and production audio. This is a certification specific to Recording and production sound. If you’d like more specific certifications, those are also available here.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.