We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you to provide targeted advertising services for our clients.
1. ABOUT CINEMA SOUND’S SERVICES
Cinema Sound (via its parent company MZed) provides educational, news and opinion content to filmmakers and creative professionals. This is delivered via the website at www.cinemasound.com
2. WHAT DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
- Website activity: This is data about your browsing activity on our website. For example, which pages you visited and when, and what articles you read.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device’s IP address, cookie string data and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Ad data: This is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that we receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (“Advertising Partners”) to help us deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers that some Advertisers or other third party ad platforms choose to share with us, such as your “Customer ID” with an Advertiser or an identifier associated with a hashed (not readable) version of your email address. We may work with these Advertising Partners to synchronize their unique, anonymous identifiers to our own to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
- If you sign up to our Newsletter we will store your email address for the purpose of providing you with updates and offers regarding our products and services, as well as occasionally the products and services of trusted partners.
- We use this data to help identify and serve ads that are more relevant to you, as well as get a better understanding of how customers are finding out about our products.
3. DATA SHARING
We may disclose information about you:
- With our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and this is done anonymously if possible.
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example, to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of MZed or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
We also share hashed email addresses (or other identifiers associated with those hashes), technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information with other third parties.
4. COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
5. YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING-OUT
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads or by clicking here (https://app.adroll.com/optout/safari). Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting but are completely unrelated to Cinema Sound.
- You can opt-out of receiving any emails from us by contacting [email protected] from the email address in question.
6. DATA RETENTION
Identifiable data collected for other purposes is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
8. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can contact [email protected].
To contact MZed please e-mail [email protected] or write to us at the following address: